Grilled Sturgeon with Avocado Salad and Green Gazpacho Sauce
Make the first course grilled sturgeon with avocado salad and green-gazpacho sauce, a puree of zucchini, cucumber, and other vegetables.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer 2002
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill
- 3 ripe but firm avocados, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 36 ounces sturgeon, about 3/4 inch thick, skinned and cut into 12 pieces
- Green Gazpacho Sauce
In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, avocados, red onion, cilantro, and lemon juice. Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste; cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator, up to 2 hours.
Oil the grill, and heat. Season fish with salt and pepper; grill until opaque and flaky, 5 to 7 minutes on one side only. Do not move the fish while it is grilling.
Divide avocado salad among 12 plates. Place a piece of fish on top of each salad. Drizzle with gazpacho sauce, and serve.