These fruit coolers, made with fresh pineapple, lime juice, and mint leaves, are a refreshing way to combat summertime heat. They are equally delicious with or without the addition of white rum.
- Yield: Makes 11 cups, with rum
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer 2005
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves (about 6 sprigs)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 cups white rum (optional)
- 3 pineapples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped (about 14 cups)
Stir 2 quarts water, the sugar, mint, lime juice, and rum, if using, in a large pitcher.
Feed pineapple through an electric juicer. Strain juice into pitcher; discard pulp. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 1 day.