Cilantro Pesto Sauce
Use this recipe as a dipping sauce for our spicy Shrimp Beignets.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer 2005
- 2 cups firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 avocados, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped
Finely chop cilantro, garlic, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, paprika, salt, and pepper in a food processor. With the processor running, slowly pour in oil; process until thick and smooth.
Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in avocados. Mash with a fork until just combined. Serve immediately.