This frosting goes with our Chocolate Roulade with White Chocolate Mousse and Fudge Frosting.
Photography: Dana Gallagher
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Winter 2004
- 3 1/2 cups confectionersâ€™ sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Sift sugar and cocoa powder into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the butter, milk, and vanilla; beat until smooth. If not using immediately, store frosting in an airtight container in refrigerator. Before using, bring to room temperature, and beat until smooth.