The post-wedding brunch isn't complete without a batch of this hearty cereal.
- Yield: Makes 4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Spring 2001
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 ounce whole almonds (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons honey
Heat oven to 250 degrees. In large bowl, mix oats, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, almonds, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix oil, nectar, and honey in a liquid measure. Pour over oat mixture; toss to mix. Spread onto baking sheet, and bake 2 hours, stirring every 45 minutes, until golden brown. When cool, store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.