Radishes Stuffed with Shrimp Salad
These bite-sized morsels make for tasty appetizers.
- Yield: Makes 2 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Spring 2000
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 4 scallions, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup homemade or prepared mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 30 large, unblemished radishes
In medium saucepan of boiling water, cook shrimp until opaque and bright pink, about 3 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Cut cooled shrimp into 1/4-inch pieces. In bowl, mix with corn, scallions, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Chop 6 radishes into 1/4-inch pieces; stir into filling. Cover; refrigerate while preparing radish cups.
Cut thin slice off bottoms and tops of remaining radishes. Cut each radish in half crosswise. With melon baller, scoop out center of radishes, leaving 1/4-inch border. Fill each with a heaping teaspoon filling. Chill until ready to serve.