7 Amazing Winter Wedding Cocktail Recipes
Signature cocktails have become a wedding staple but really they are the perfect addition to any celebration. Jess Levin, founder of Carats & Cake, spoke with a few of the industry's bests and found out what they would serve at a winter wedding. Read on to see the recipes! Cheers!
Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
"Pressing apple cider is a favorite tradition in my family, and these bourbon apple cider cocktails made by Jacin Fitzgerald are a perfect celebration of fall." - Elisa Bricker, Owner & Lead Photographer Elisa Bricker
1. Pour a small amount of apple cider in a low dish or small plate.
2. Mix equal parts ground cinnamon and granulated sugar in another bowl.
3. Dip rim of drinking glass of choice in apple cider then dip in cinnamon sugar mix to create a cinnamon-sugar rim.
4. Add 2 parts bourbon and 4 parts apple cider, stir, and serve hot or cold with rosemary garnish.
Pomegranate and Blackberry Gimlet
"A fun twist on an iconic staple. The pomegranate and blackberry also create a very festive color." - Will Keh, Managing Partner, Cloud Catering & Events
2 oz. vodka
3/4 oz. lime juice
3/4 oz. simple syrup
1/4 oz. pomegranate (muddled)
6 blackberries (muddled) each
1 orange twist east
3 blackberries (garnish) each
1. Muddle blackberries, simply syrup, and lime juice in a shaker.
2. Add vodka and ice, then shake and strain into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with an orange twist.
Blood Orange Whiskey Sour
"Create a muddling bar using seasonal ingredients and give your guests a few suggested combinations, like a blood orange whiskey sour, or let them create their own concoctions." - Renny Pedersen, Owner & Creative Director, Bliss Weddings & Events
Muddled blood oranges (about 2 large orange wheels per drink)
1.5 oz whiskey
1/2 oz lemon juice
1/2 oz simple syrup
blood orange soda
orange peel garnish
1. Combine all ingredients except blood orange soda in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Put the lid on and shake well.
2. Pour into a cocktail glass, top with soda, and garnish with orange peel.
Rosemary and Raspberry Fizz
"The sugared rim and rosemary sprig add the perfect touch of festivity!" - Lynn Easton, Owner, Easton Events
1.5 oz gin or vodka
3 tbs raspberry simple syrup
1-2 oz soda water
1. First, make raspberry simple syrup: mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 1 cup water and 1 cup raspberries.
2. Fill your cocktail glasses with ice.
3. Add simple syrup to each cocktail glass with either 1.5oz of gin or vodka and top with a splash of soda water.
4. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary
Clear Milk Punch
"Not only is the name a great conversation starter, but the combination of bourbon, nutmeg, and vanilla is so seasonal and satisfying." - Jenny Buchhagen, Lead Mixologist, Stonehill Tavern at St. Regis Monarch Beach
1.5 oz Bulleit bourbon
2 oz clarified milk
1/2 oz simple syrup
1/4 oz vanilla extract
freshly ground nutmeg
1. Fill mixing glass with ice and add bourbon, clarified milk, simple syrup and vanilla extract.
2. Shake until chilled.
3. Strain mixture into rocks glass over ice and dust with nutmeg.
Meet Me in Montenegro
"'Meet Me in Montenegro' is a travel-inspired cocktail perfect for anyone who wishes that they could get out of town to avoid the craziness of the holidays." - Leah Weinberg, Owner, Color Pop Events
3/4 oz Aamaro Montenegro
1 oz Calvados
1/2 oz peach liqueur
1/2 oz lime juice
1. Combine Amaro Montenegro with Calvados, peach liqueur, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add ice and a few dashes of Peychaud's bitters.
3. Shake until chilled and strain into a couple glass.
4. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
"Nothing is more wintery than a Peppermint Martini." - Larry Scott, President & Creative Director Lawrence Scott Events
1/4 cup vanilla vodka
1 tbs peppermint schnapps
1/4 cup white chocolate liqueur
1. First, drizzle red icing inside glass and around rim, crush one peppermint candy, and dip rim intro crushed candy.
2. In a shaker with ice add vanilla vodka, white chocolate liqueur, and peppermint schnapps.
3. Shake until mixed and pour into glass.
4. Garnish with additional peppermint candy.