Flower Girl Sash
If you’re handy with a sewing machine, buy fabric and make a stylish belt for your littlest attendant. You could even choose a print, like this floral pattern, that’s fit to repeat in details like the guys’ neckwear, the ring pillow, or the cake topper. Scared to sew? Commission the custom items from Etsy dealer Pomp & Ceremony.
- .5 yards of fabric (ideally in a 60-inch width)
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needle and thread
- Cut across the fabric to produce a 6-inch-by-60-inch piece.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise with the right sides (those featuring the print) facing one another. Iron the fold in place.
- Leaving 1/2-inch seam allowance, stitch along the long side and one short side.
- Using your fingers and/or a safety pin attached to the unstitched opening, turn the sash right side out.
- Iron the unfinished end in, creating a 1/2-inch seam allowance, and hand sew it shut.
Fabric, $36.50, purlsoho.com.