- A photo that will look good in a square format
- Nine 1-inch wooden blocks
- Clear gesso
- Mailing tube
- Print the photo so that you have a 3 x 3-inch image area. Cut the photo into nine 1-inch square pieces.
- Brush gesso on one side of a block, then brush gesso on the back of one photo section and set it in place on the block. Repeat with the other eight blocks.
- Let set for 24 hours.
- Place the blocks in a cardboard mailer and send them to someone who will be delighted!
Find more DIY projects in Oh Joy! 60 Ways to Create & Give Joy ($27.50; amazon.com).
Get More DIY Inspiration From Joy Cho