Painted Matchbox Wrappers
Apply dots, splatters, or swipes to sheets of paper, and cut to personalize a box of matches.
- Acrylic paint
- Paper (we used a roll of cream paper)
- Craft knife
- Metal ruler
- Double-sided tape
- 1 1/2-inch circle sticker labels
- Triangle matchbooks
1. Use acrylic paint on any type of paper to create free-form designs, such as a splatter painting, stripes, spots, color blocks, and random brushstrokes. Let paint dry completely.
2. Make the matchbook covers: Cut out sections of the paper into 2-by-2 1/8-inch rectangles. Wrap paper around the matchbook; secure with double-sided tape.
3. Download, print, and cut out the "XO" slide tabs using a metal ruler and craft knife. Remove the tray portion of the matchbox and attach tab to underside with double-sided tape.
Triangle matchboxes, $55 for 50, foryourparty.com.