- Volumizing mousse
- Boar and nylon paddle hairbrush
- Small round ceramic brush
- 1⁄2-inch curling iron
- Bobby pins
- Extra-strong hold hairspray
- Duckbill clips
- Create a deep side part, then apply mousse to a paddle hairbrush. Brush product evenly through hair for volume and flexible hold.
- Blow-dry using a round brush. Comb strands upward to add lift at the roots.
- Using a curling iron, curl 1-inch sections, starting with the bottom layer of hair. Instead of releasing the curl, secure it with a bobby pin. Repeat the process, working through each layer of hair.
- Allow pinned curls to set for 10 to 15 minutes. When hair is cool, remove pins and apply hairspray to a paddle brush. Brush slowly through hair from roots to ends to break up curls and add texture.
- For maximum staying power, once your waves look the way you want, hold them in place with duckbill clips until it’s time to debut the finished look.
Aussie Sprunch Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner, $4; aussie.com. Sarah Potempa On Set Styling Brush, $42; sarahpotempa.com. Pantene Pro-V Stylers Shaping Extra Strong Hold Hairspray, $6; pantene.com. Hot Tools Duck Bill Clips, $3.49; ulta.com.