- 8 oz white coffee mug with handle
- ScotchBlue Painter’s Tape
- 1-2 small-bristle paintbrushes
- Black chalkboard paint
- White chalk ink pen
1. Rip four strips of tape from the roll and stick them onto the mug, forming a large box.
2. Dip brush into black paint and color the inside of the box until the area resembles a chalkboard.
3. Let mug dry for two to three days, so the paint has time to cure.
4. Remove tape (don’t fuss over blurred edges). Then take an ink pen and draw a design, like the heart shown here, inside the painted box.
Tip: These mugs are hand-wash only and cannot be preserved with sealant (it damages the chalkboard paint).