Folded Fabric Envelopes
Enclose a wedding invitation, thank-you note, or other correspondence in style. This DIY project can accommodate 5 3/4"-by-8 3/4" cards. Make it in canvas or switch out the material to suit any look.
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine and sewing supplies
- Buttons and string
- Download, print, and cut out our free envelope template. Trace template onto the canvas. Using fabric scissors, cut along traced line.
- Fold canvas in half (don't press down or create a crease on the folded edge). Pin sides together and, leaving a 1⁄2" seam allowance, stitch along the open long side only; remove pins.
- Turn canvas inside out and reposition so that the newly sewn seam is now in the center. Cut the corners of the bottom of envelope at an angle. Sew the bottom closed. Turn envelope right side out.
- Flatten and separate the sewn seams and iron flat, with the selvage edges showing. Iron the rest of the envelope so you have nice crisp edges. Sew buttons and string to the flap using needle and thread.