Cut-and-Fold Fabric Flowers
Add a romantic touch to your wedding décor. These four-step DIY blooms can make an impression cascading down a cake, but don’t let your imagination stop there. You can create a mix of 3 1/2" flowers by varying the weight of the textiles used.
- Canvas or a fabric of your choice
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric glue
- Craft wire
- Download, print, and cut out our free flower template. Trace template onto fabric and cut with fabric scissors.
- Fold flower in half from left to right; unfold and then fold in half again from top to bottom.
- Flip over and rotate 45° so the creases make an X shape. Repeat step 2. You will end up with two sets of crossed creases.
- Pinch petals into a flower shape. Add a drop of glue to the center of blossom to hold shape, or poke a wire through center to create a stemmed bloom.