Pleated Flower Girl Collar
Dress up an adorable outfit with this special addition. All you need is pleated fabric, needle and thread, and a ribbon for a finishing touch. For this project, we asked Harry’s Pleating & Stitch (212-268-1378) to make 3⁄4" mushroom pleats on a 6"-by-18" piece of muslin and finish with a bay hem on the fold.
- Pleated muslin or other fabric
- Decorator's needle and thread
- Fold pleated fabric in half lengthwise. This will create two layers, making it more of a ruffle. Pin layers together to keep in place.
- With a decorator's needle and thread, make a running stitch along the crease.
- Every few stitches, gently pull thread to bunch the fabric together slightly, making a curved ruffle; tie off thread and remove pins. Sew ribbon to each end of the fabric to secure around neck.