Finish a chic scene by hanging these easy-to-make paper chandeliers above your reception tables.
Tools & Materials
- Vellum paper
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Hot-glue gun
- 1/2-inch acrylic rod, cut to 7 inches long, usplastics.com
- 2 19-inch lamp spider fitters
Vellum Chandelier How-To
1. Cut vellum into an 11-by-19-inch rectangle and place horizontally on a cutting mat. With a craft knife, cut 1-inch-wide vertical slits, stopping a half-inch before the top and bottom of the paper; set aside.
2. Apply hot glue to each end of the acrylic rod and insert into the inverted centers of the spider fitters; let dry.
3. Working in small sections, hot-glue the spider fitter, press vellum into glue, and hold for one minute or until glue is cool. Continue around entire circumference of the spider fitter. Repeat on other spider fitter.
4. To hang, tie pieces of monofilament to each spoke of one of the spider fitters.