Send your guests off post-party with a favor that will help them get a good night’s rest: a cinch-to-sew sleep mask.
- Eye-mask template
- 1 piece of velvet and 1 piece of satin, each 10 by 12 inches (mjtrim.com)
- Cotton batting
- 2 10-inch-long ribbons
- Needle and thread
1. Trace template onto velvet, satin, and batting, and cut out.
2. Place satin right-side up and put velvet on top of satin right-side down. Pin the ends of ribbons to each side of the velvet and bunch ribbon in the inside center of the mask.
3. Pin velvet and satin layers together. Cut notches along the nose to help curve the fabric. Machine-sew a 1/2-inch seam allowance and leave a 1-inch opening at the top of mask.
4. Remove all pins, gently turn the mask right-side out, and insert batting into mask. Use needle and thread to hand-sew the top of the mask shut.