MARTHA STEWART WEDDINGS SEARCH & WIN $3,000 SCAVENGER HUNT SWEEPSTAKES
MARTHA STEWART WEDDINGS 2014 SEARCH & WIN $3,000 SCAVENGER HUNT SWEEPSTAKES
NO SUBSCRIPTION OR PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Official Rules apply for the SEARCH & WIN 2014 $3,000 SCAVENGER HUNT SWEEPSTAKES ("Sweepstakes") conducted by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. ("MSLO"), 601 West 26th Street, New York, New York 10001 ("Sponsor"), promoted in the Fall 2014 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings Magazine and on marthastewartweddings.com/searchandwin2014 ("Website") and with official rules at www.marthastewartweddings.com/2014searchandwinrules. The Sweepstakes will start at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on August 15, 2014 and will end at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on December 29, 2014 ("Promotion Period"). By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE BOTH (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE (1) OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND (B) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.Employees of Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and related entities (collectively, the "Released Entities) and immediate family members (mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and spouse, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of any such individual, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM ET ON DECEMBER 29, 2014.
2. THERE ARE TWO (2) WAYS TO ENTER: To enter via the internet: Step 1: Visit the Website or scan the QR code in the Fall 2014 issue of Martha Stewart Weddings to be directed to the Sweepstakes. Step 2: Complete the entry form. Step 3: Answer the 15 scavenger hunt questions, the answers of which can be found within the pages of the Fall 2014 Martha Stewart Weddings. For every question you answer correctly, you earn one (1) entry to the Sweepstakes. For example, get 10 questions correct and earn 10 entries. If you get a perfect score by answering all 15 questions correctly, you will unlock 15 bonus entries, for a total of 30 entries. If you do not get all the questions correct, you may re-try the scavenger hunt as many times as you want to earn that perfect score. To enter via U.S. Mail: If you do not wish to enter via the Internet, hand print your complete name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and email address (if available) and the words "Martha Stewart Weddings 2014 Search & Win $3,000 Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes entry" on either a postcard or separate piece of paper no larger than 8½ x 11 inches, and mailing the postcard or paper in an envelope with sufficient First Class Postage to: Martha Stewart Weddings 2014 Search & Win $3,000 Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes, c/o Martha Stewart Weddings Magazine, 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001. All U.S. Mail-In Entries postmarked by December 29, 2014 and received by January 9, 2014. Limit one (1) entry per envelope. Limit forty (30) entries per person, regardless of method of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software, or program failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass Entries or Entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late Entries, or Entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. All Entries, upon submission, become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned and the Sponsor has the right to dispose of the Entries at Sponsor's discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, modify or suspend the online portion of this Sweepstakes (or the entire Sweepstakes) should any computer virus, bugs or other technical difficulty or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, at which time, the selection of the prize winners will be determined in a random drawing from among all Entries received at the time of Sweepstakes termination.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Grand Prize Winner and four (4) second prize winners will be selected randomly from among all Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about January 23, 2015. The random drawing will be conducted by a Sponsor's representative whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received. Potential prize winners will be notified by email on or about January 23, 2015. The potential prize winner will be required to respond to an email from Sponsor with a reply message within twenty-four (24) hours of being announced as the potential prize winner or such potential prize winner will be disqualified. If a potential prize winner (i) does not respond as described above, (ii) is found to be ineligible, or (iii) his/her prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, an alternate potential prize winner may be selected from the remaining Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls, or e-mail messages made to entrants not by the Sponsor. Limit one (1) prize per household.
4. PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A check in the amount of three thousand dollars ($3,000). ARV of Grand Prize: $3,000. FOUR (4) SECOND PRIZES: Each Second Prize consists of A check in the amount of two-hundred and fifty dollars ($250). ARV of each Second Prize: $250. ARV of All Prizes: $4,000. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prizes. The ARV of the prize set forth above represents Sponsor's good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed.
5. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: The potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability, Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and Prize Verification Form to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification. Potential Second Prize Winners will be required to complete and return a Prize Verification Form and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a selected potential prize winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or submit any required documentation within the designated period, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential prize winner in a random drawing from all remaining Entries. Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide Sponsor with his/her social security number. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099 MISC to be issued and filed for any recipient who receives a prize, if the annual aggregate value of the prize received is $600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 MISC to the Grand Prize Winner for the market value of the Grand Prize. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor or the Released Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor and the Released Entities reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Neither the Sponsor nor any of the Released Entities assumes any responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Neither the Sponsor nor any of the Released Entities are responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor or any of the Released Entities due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THE RELEASED ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR'S OR SUCH RELEASED ENTITY'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR OR AFFECTED RELEASED ENTITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the Authorized Account Holder of the email associated with the Entry.
7.GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledge that Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Sweepstakes at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Sweepstakes or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Sweepstakes' security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in the Sweepstakes and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. LIABILITY AND RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or entrants receipt, acceptance, use &/or enjoyment of any prize; or (f) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail. In no event shall the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize winner(s), including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's, any prize provider's or the Released Entities' control (each a "Force Majeure" event) the Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the names of the official prize winners, available after January 23, 2015, or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by February 1, 2015 to: Martha Stewart Weddings Search & Win $3,000 Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes, c/o Martha Stewart Weddings, 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001. Please specify "Official Rules" or "Winners List" on the outer mailing envelope. VT residents do not need to affix return postage.
HAVE A QUESTION? Write to us at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Attn: Consumer Marketing, 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001.
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Media and Merchandising.
Copyright © 2014, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.