Half-dip these shortbread cookies by pastry chef Jason Schreiber with melted chocolate for a sweet touch.
- Yield: Makes about 30 cookies
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Spring 2013
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, finely chopped, or candied orange peels
Combine butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until combined but not too creamy. Stir in dried cherries or candied orange peels. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll out dough and cut into rectangles; place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze cookies for 15 minutes before baking. Bake until pale and golden, about 20 minutes; let cool on a wire rack.