Planning Tools Questions
Planning Tools Questions
We work closely with the experts at Wedding Wire to offer the best planning tools available.
To read more about our partnership with Wedding Wire, click here.
- Are the Martha Stewart Weddings Planning Tools free?
- How do I change my personal account information (email address, user name, etc.)?
- Who do I ask if I have technical support questions?
- Will the information I enter in my planning tools (email, phone number, or address) be used or sold?
- How do the tools benefit a newlywed couple?
- How do I remove a line item from my budget?
- How do I log a payment in my budget?
- How do I edit my guest information?
- How do I upload my guest list?
- How do I print, export, email, or customize a report of my guest list?
- How do I change the meal selections for my guests?
- How do I seat guests using the Seating Chart tool?
- Can I email my seating chart?
- My reception room is smaller than 40 feet wide. How do I change the size?
- How do I submit reviews of my vendors?
- How do I create a dance floor on my seating chart?
- Why is my vendor review not showing up?
- May I review vendors who aren't currently listed in the vendor search?
1. Are the Martha Stewart Weddings Planning Tools free?
Yes! For our members (engaged or married) every feature and function you see on our site is free. In order to use the tools, you must first register.
After confirming your registration via email, you'll be able to sign up for the wedding tools and start using them immediately.
2. How do I change my personal account information (email address, user name, etc.)?
If you already have an account, you may want to change your email subscriptions, add your address, or change your email address. To change your account information, click here. For your security, you'll need to enter your password before we will reveal your personal data.
3. Who do I ask if I have technical support questions?
If you have questions about our wedding planning tools, send Wedding Wire an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We work closely with the experts at Wedding Wire to offer the best planning tools available. To read more about our partnership with Wedding Wire, click here.
If you have questions or suggestions about our recipes, articles, or the site in general, please email us.
4. Will the information I enter in my planning tools (email, phone number, or address) be sold?
No. We will not sell your information for any reason.
5. How do the tools benefit a newlywed couple?
As newlyweds, you have so much to offer to our engaged users. Your experiences, both good and bad, are extremely beneficial to those who are in the middle of the planning process. By filling out a vendor rating, you help other users learn about the quality and professionalism of the wedding vendors you used. If you rate five vendors after your wedding, we have a choice of gifts to offer you as a thank you.
6. How do I remove a line item from my budget?
If you wish to delete a line item from your budget that does not apply to you, simply click the "X" at the far right end of that specific line item. Be careful when entering your budget information. Once entered this cannot be changed.
7. How do I log a payment in my budget?
To log payments in the My Budget tool, simply click the "Add Payment" link under the "Amount Paid" column and a new window will open to allow you to view payments and add new payments.
To add a new payment, click "Add New Payment," then click on "Amount Due" to enter the amount due. If you have already made a payment, select the "Paid" checkbox and enter the amount paid, payment date, and type of payment (for example, check, Visa, or MasterCard).
If you are scheduling a future payment, just enter the amount due and select the due date. This will create a reminder for you that a payment is due on a specific date.
8. How do I edit my guest information?
To edit guest information, click on the My Guests tab and locate the party your specific guest belongs to. Click on the party name and a pop-up window will appear.
In the overview tab you can edit your guest contact information, add notes, or check off whether a hotel is needed. In the event tabs (ceremony, reception, etc.), you can edit your guest's attendance status for various events, meal preference, invitation status, and whether you have received a gift and sent a thank-you note.
9. How do I upload my guest list?
To upload your guest list with the My Guests tool, click "Add Guests." A new window will open; here, click on "Import Contacts from Excel" or click on one of the email services on the right to import them from your email account. A new window will open with instructions on how to format your spreadsheet to upload your list or how to add your contacts from your email account.
If you are importing your contacts from Excel, please prepare your spreadsheet as the instructions outline to facilitate a successful import. You may also want to download the sample template as a guide.
If you are missing addresses, you can also use the "Collect Addresses" tool. Make sure you're in the Overview tab in the My Guest tool and click on "Collect Addresses." A new window will open. Read the instructions, and then click "Get Started." Check the box next to the guests that you want to collect addresses for, add an email address for each guest, then click "Next." In the next window, make any necessary changes to the outgoing email, and when you've finished editing, click "Send Email." Guests will then receive an email asking for their address. They will be able to log on and submit their address to your account. (Please note: To use the "Collect Addresses" tool, you must already have guests in your guest list.)
10. How do I print, export, email, or customize a report of my guest list?
To export or print your guest list, click one of the event tabs, then click on "More Actions" and choose print or export.
You can also retrieve reports for all of your events in the Overview tab by clicking on "Reports." Here, you can print, export, email, or customize a report for each of your events.
11. How do I change the meal selections for my guests?
In the My Guests tool, select the appropriate event from one of the tabs. Click on the guest's name and select the meal option he or she has chosen from the drop-down menu. Then, click "Save and Close" or "Save and Next" to move onto the next guest.
12. How do I seat guests using the Seating Chart tool?
To seat guests, first select the party to be seated by clicking once on the party name on the right-hand list of parties. Then drag the party on top of the table where you wish to seat them. Click that table once, and the party will be seated at that table.
To move individual guests to different tables, simply click, hold, and drag that guest to the desired table.
To unseat a guest, click, hold, and drag that guest back to the list on the right.
Be sure to save or email your seating chart to yourself to keep a record of your seating plan.
13. Can I email my seating chart?
You may use the "Export As Image" button at the upper-right portion of the seating chart toolbar to export your chart as an image to email. Click "Print/View As Image" and select "View As Image." Your seating chart will pop up in a new browser window or tab. Right click on the image in the new window. You may now either save the image or email the image directly.
14. My reception room is smaller than 40 feet wide. How do I change the size?
The seating chart currently uses 40 feet as the minimum width for a room. Our suggestion would be to change the scale of the room (i.e. double the room size and create larger tables).
15. How do I submit reviews of my vendors?
Newlyweds who do not have an account with MarthaStewartWeddings.com must first register in order to submit a review.
The next step is to see if your vendors are in our vendor list already by searching for their business name. If they are, just click the "Write a Review" link to review this business.
If your vendor is not found, go to "My Vendors" and click on "Add Booked Vendor" to add them to your list. Then click on the vendor's name and "Write a Review." Please provide as much information as possible for the vendor. We use this to verify your review if need be and to inform the vendor they have been reviewed.
If you review five vendors, you will receive a gift card.
16. How do I create a dance floor on my seating chart?
To create a dance floor in your seating chart, follow these simple steps:
On your seating chart, use the custom item button to create a square. Click "Edit" for this square table and change the name of the table to dance floor. Edit the width of the table in feet (width is directly across, not corner to corner) and click "Update Table" to save and drag your dance floor into position.
17. Why is my vendor review not showing up?
When reviews are submitted, they do not immediately appear on the vendor's page.
We verify each review to ensure the quality of our rating and review system. It typically takes up to seven business days for your reviews to become active.
18. May I review vendors who aren't currently listed in the vendor search?
You may still review vendors that are not in our vendor search. We ask that you submit as much information about the vendor as possible in the event that we need to verify that you did in fact contract with that vendor for your wedding.