- Is there a fee associated with being a member of MarthaStewartWeddings.com?
- What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- How do I become a member of MarthaStewartWeddings.com?
- I am already registered as a member. How do I sign in?
- I am already a member of MarthaStewart.com -- does that mean I'm a member of MarthaStewartWeddings.com, too?
- The home page welcomes me by name. Does that mean I'm signed in, or do I have to sign in each time I visit the site?
- How do I sign out of the site?
- How do I save a Martha Stewart Weddings recipe or article?
- What are notes and how do I use them?
- What are tags and how do I use them?
- How do I add comments and who can see them?
- How do I share my favorite things from MarthaStewartWeddings.com?
1. Is there a fee associated with being a member of MarthaStewartWeddings.com?
No. Membership is free.
2. What are the benefits of becoming a member?
Registered members receive site newsletters and access to our Community Table and Wedding Planning Tools.
3. How do I become a member of MarthaStewartWeddings.com?
To become a member, click on "Register Now" in the upper-right corner of MarthaStewartWeddings.com.
A new page will load. Enter your information in the specified areas.
The second part asks: "Do you have a password?" The default selection is "No, I am new to the community. (I can create a password later.)" Leave this box empty. (You do not have a password yet; you will create one on the next page.)
If you agree with the Terms and Conditions, click on "I accept." If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, click on "I do not accept."
If you fill out the form, click on "Submit," and you are not returned to the home page of marthastewartweddings.com, it means that you have not successfully registered.
A Member Name must be unique. If the Member Name already exists, it means that you may be registered under an old email address, or someone else may be using the same Member Name. You can either keep entering a Member Name until you find one that has not been taken by another registered user, or you can leave the field blank.
You do not need to have a Member Name in order to use the site. If you wish to use the message boards, make sure to select a Member Name you feel comfortable displaying publicly. A Member Name is not a password, nor is it an email address. A Member Name is the way in which you identify yourself -- but still retain your privacy -- on the Internet.
4. I am already registered as a member. How do I sign in?
Click on "Sign In" in the upper-right corner on the home page of MarthaStewartWeddings.com.
Make sure that you are using the email address and password you provided when you originally signed up for membership. If you have changed Internet Service Providers and have not updated your account information with us, you will be recognized only by the email address you used originally.
Once you successfully log in, you may update your account information. To review or update your account information, click "Member Center," which is located in the upper-left corner of the homepage.
A new page will load. You may update your email address and other profile information, and make newsletter selections. Once you have updated your information, make sure to click on the orange "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
5. I am already a member of MarthaStewart.com -- does that mean I'm a member of MarthaStewartWeddings.com too?
Yes. You have to register only once on either of the sites and you are automatically registered on both. You will have only one profile, although the look and design of your profile on the different sites will change. You will have to sign in on both sites, so if you are signed in on marthastewart.com and get directed to marthastewartweddings.com, and try to save a Martha Stewart Weddings content item, you will be prompted to sign in again.
6. The home page welcomes me by name. Does that mean I'm signed in, or do I have to sign in each time I visit the site?
Yes. This means you are already signed in to the site and will be able to update your profile and post to our message boards. If you do not see your name, you must sign in.
7. How do I sign out of the site?
After your name, you will see "Sign Out." Click the "Sign Out" link and you will be signed out of the site.
9. How do I save a Martha Stewart Weddings recipe or article?
"Collect" is the term we use to define saving something. When you're viewing an article or a recipe, click "Collect" to add that article or recipe to "My Collections," where you can retrieve it easily later. You must be signed in to do this. If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to enter the email address and password you provided when you signed up for membership. When the article has been successfully collected, you will see this message: "This item has been saved on mm/dd/yyyy."
10. What are notes, and how do I use them?
You can add a private personal note to collected Martha Stewart Weddings articles and recipes. Once you have collected an item, you will see a "Label & Note" button. Clicking "Label & Note " will open a small window with form fields. To save your note, be sure to click the "Submit" button.
You can edit your note as few or as many times as you want. You can always see your note when you return to that article or recipe, or you can see your note in "My Collections."
You must be signed in to add a note. You will not see a "Label & Note" button unless you are signed in and have saved an article or recipe.
11. What are tags and how do I use them?
Tags help you organize your saved items. They are keywords of labels that you add to articles and recipes to make them easier to find later. You can tag using words or phrases such as "perfect dinner recipe" or "at-home spa tip."
When you're looking for all of your "perfect dinner recipe" items, you can simply click on that tag phrase within "My Collections" and you'll see everything you've tagged as a "perfect dinner recipe." Separate tags with commas or quotation marks. You can enter the tags as: "perfect dinner recipe", "at-home spa tip." You can also enter the tags as: perfect dinner recipe, at-home spa tip. Both will yield the following tags: "perfect dinner recipe" and "at-home spa tip."
You must be signed in to add tags to saved articles and recipes. Tags are public. This allows you to share your organized articles and recipes with other users.
12. How do I add comments and who can see them?
Once you are logged in to the site, you may comment on any recipe or article. At the bottom of each item, you will see a button labeled "Add a comment." Type your text into the box and hit "Submit." Your comments should display shortly.
Note: Comments are public and will be visible to anyone viewing the page.
13. How do I share my favorite things from MarthaStewartWeddings.com??
We've made it easy to share everything on our site with on your social networks. At the top of every item, you will see a button labeled "FACEBOOK - SHARE THIS." To post an item to Facebook, click on the button: you will find a text box to add a comment or description to your post. Once you have completed the entry, click the "Post to Facebook" button.
You will also see options to post these items to other social networking sites like Delcious, Twitter, Yahoo! Buzz, Google, and Stumble! below the Facebook button.