1. How do I submit my wedding to be considered for publication in the magazine or online?
We currently publish five real weddings per week online, and usually include 4-5 real weddings in our yearly issue, which hits stands in December. Please note that we require exclusivity and therefore ask that you do not submit a wedding that has already been published in other magazines or blogs. To submit your wedding for consideration, send the following information about your wedding to email@example.com:
- Your name
- Wedding location(s)
- Wedding date
- Your wedding photographer's name and email address
- A brief paragraph about what makes your wedding special, highlighting the details and ideas you think were most important
- A link to a website with 100-150 photos that you think represent your wedding best, either via a Dropbox folder or Pixieset. Please be sure to include any necessary passwords. Please do not send Facebook links or WeTransfers.
If your wedding has not taken place yet but you would like us to consider it, please send us the first five items listed above, as well as the vendors you are working with, and any visuals or additional information that will help us get a better idea of what you have in mind for your big day.
We will contact you if we are interested in getting more information from you.
2. Are articles and recipes from the magazine posted online?
Not all articles and recipes are accessible online. If you are seeking a particular article, recipe, or project that isn't online, we recommend visiting your local library to find a back issue.
To find an article or recipe online, you can use our site-wide search feature to search by keyword (or words). Type what you are searching for into the white box at the top of the page and click "search." Matches will load. In some cases, the issue date in which the article, recipe, or project you desire will be included in the matches.
3. How do I search the site?
To search the site, simply type in a keyword (or words) in the white box at the top of each page. Once you have entered a keyword (or words), click on the orange button that reads "search." If you did not find what you were looking for:
- Make sure all the words are spelled correctly.
- Try a different search term or phrase.
- If you want to search for an exact phrase, put your keywords in quotation marks. For example: "hummingbird cake."
- Try browsing our most popular search terms.
4. How do I change my email address or update any other account information?
Click "Sign In" from the home page of marthastewartweddings.com. You will be prompted to enter the email address and password you provided when you signed up for membership. Once you're signed in, click on your user name -- this will take you to Your Place.
Click "Update Account Settings," which is located on the right side below your avatar. You can now update your account information. Once you're finished updating, make sure to click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
5. I can't remember my password. Can you send it to me?
All passwords are encrypted, which means our technical team cannot get access to your password. You can, however, request to change your password by clicking "Sign In" from the home page of marthastewartweddings.com. When the sign-in screen loads, click the "Forgot Your Password" link.
You will be prompted to enter the email address you provided when you signed up for membership. Enter your email address, and make sure to click the "Submit" button. We will send you an email containing a link -- you'll need to click that link to change your password.
6. I've requested to change my password by clicking "Forgot Password," but I have not received an email containing a link.
You might have spam filters enabled, which could filter an email from us to your spam folder. Check your spam folder for the email. Or, you may have entered an email address that is not registered in our database. Please check the email address you provided and submit again. (See question No. 2, above).
7. How do I sign up to receive a Martha Stewart Weddings newsletter?
Click "Sign In" from the home page of marthastewartweddings.com. You will be prompted to enter the email address and password you provided when you signed up for membership. When you've signed in, navigate to your Account Settings page by clicking on your user name. This will take you to Your Place.
From there, click "Change My Account Settings," which is on the right side of the page. Once you're in Account Settings, click the "Email and Newsletters" tab. Update your email and newsletter settings accordingly. If you choose to stop receiving a newsletter it will take about three weeks. When you have updated your information, make sure to click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.
8. What email address does Martha Stewart Weddings use to send a newsletter?
Please be sure to add the Martha Stewart newsletter email address to your address book in order to ensure uninterrupted delivery. If you can't find it in your inbox, it may have been sent to your spam folder.
Note: To avoid this from happening, add the newsletter domain (e.marthastewart.com) to your address book. Below is the newsletter we offer and its corresponding email address:
Darcy's Wedding Idea of the Day DailyWedding@e.marthastewartweddings.com
9. I cannot view PDF files on the site. What do I need to do?
To view a PDF file, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free, visit adobe.com.
If you're having trouble viewing clip art, verify that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader properly installed and that you have the most current version of the software.
10. What are cookies?
Cookies help us identify you as a user and allow us to offer a superior customized and personalized experience for you.