Cucumber Cups with Spicy Tuna
Friends will wonder how in the world these clever -- not to mention edible -- containers were created. The answer: a melon baller.
- Yield: Makes 24
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Fall 2011
- 4 Persian cucumbers, peeled
- 1/4 pound sushi-grade tuna, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
Slice cucumbers into 3/4-inch-thick rounds; use a small melon baller to scoop out some seeds to make a cup. Mix tuna, oils, Sriracha, and a generous pinch of salt; spoon into cups. Combine shallot and lime; sprinkle over tuna mixture. Serve immediately.