Carrot-Ginger Dipping Sauce
Serve this dipping sauce in small shallow bowls alongside tiny bunches of matchstick-size fresh or blanched vegetables tied into bundles with chives.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Winter 2008
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Puree carrots, shallot, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a blender until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes. With machine running, slowly pour in oil and water. Season with salt and pepper.