Serve Up Your Cuisine in Style With These Registry Finds
Whether you're simply tossing a salad or getting extra fancy with your fish-plating skills, these tools will make your job easier -- and help you look like a pro in the process (cooking classes not required). Check out the next few slides for details on the servers shown here.
Carving Fork and Knife
1. Match "Gabriella" carving fork and knife. These pewter pieces are handcrafted in Italy, tabulatua.com.
Serving Fork and Spoon
2. L'Objet "Hollow Braid" serving fork and spoon. Form meets function with a woven handle and platinum-plated stainless steel, homegrownpa.com.
Fish Serving Knife
4. Buccellati Silver "Empire" fish serving knife. The wide blade on this sterling-silver knife ensures mess-free plating, michaelcfina.com
5. Towle "Old Master" asparagus server. This Victorian-style sterling silver scoop is dishwasher safe, lifetimesterling.com
Cake Server and Knife
Turn special items, like this cake server, into treasured keepsakes by having them engraved with your names and wedding date.
6. Vera Wang by Wedgwood "Love Knots" cake server and knife. A subtle bow and delicate beading add a sweet touch to these silver-plated utensils, macys.com.
7. Teroforma "Lolo" salad servers. Sleek, perfectly balanced design -- ideal for the modern hostess, lekkerhome.com.
8. Iittala "Collective 2000" salad servers. These matte stainless-steel pieces, by Antonio Citterio, won the prestigious Design Plus Award in 2001, The Conran Shop, 866-755-9079.
9. Wallace "Grande Baroque" serving spoon. A classic sterling silver pattern since 1941, it (and its matching fork) are destined for family-heirloom status, lifetimesterling.com.