Martha Stewart Weddings, 2005
Incorporate the shades and symbols of autumn into festive boutonnieres that are easy to DIY.
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Cut leaf shapes out of jacquard ribbon with a fern motif from Masterstroke Canada, and use as foliage behind fresh phalaenopsis orchids.
- Tie bittersweet and vintage silk leaves together with taffeta ribbon.
- Use loops of plaid ribbon from Hyman Hendler & Sons as a bright backdrop for realistic acorn trimmings from Tinsel Trading Company.
- Form an everlasting ornament by securing tiny prewired pinecone flowers and paper ferns from Tinsel Trading Company with silk ribbon by Midori.
- Wrap stems of warm-hued freesia in brown floral tape and then tie with taffeta ribbon for a finishing touch.