You won the lottery when you found each other, so send this cheeky save-the-date card to let guests share in your luck. After scraping off the paint with a penny, they'll hit the jackpot: your wedding date!
Tools and Materials
- White card stock
- Fine-tip pen or marker
- Clear packing tape
- Freezer paper
- Metallic acrylic paint
- Liquid dishwashing soap
- Foam brush
- Craft knife
- A2 or 4-bar envelopes
Scratch-Off Save-the-Date How-To
- Download our PDF file and replace the placeholder text with your own (you only need to do this in one box; the form will automatically fill in the rest). Then print onto white card stock.
- Stick strips of clear packing tape to the shiny side of freezer paper.
- Mix two parts metallic paint with one part liquid dishwashing soap.
- Apply three or more light coats of paint mixture to the packing tape with a foam brush, letting dry between coats, until the color is opaque. Let dry completely, overnight if necessary.
- Trim freezer paper around strips of packing tape with a craft knife. Place a piece of scrap card stock or paper over tape to keep punch clean; punch several hearts from tape.
- Gently score freezer paper backing on hearts with a craft knife, being careful not to cut through tape. Peel backing from hearts and affix to template over each scratch-off message. (Optional: Cut a decorative paper backing that is 1/4-inch larger all around than the scratch-off card.)
- Cut a slit in the backing for a coin and place a piece of double-sided tape above and below the slit. Adhere to the back of the card with more double-sided tape and place coin in slit.
Note: A card backed with decorative paper will fit in a size A2 envelope. Cards without backing fit in a size "4-bar" envelope.