Picture-Perfect Makeup: Smoooth Out Skin
Wearing color on your face and cheeks is important for photographs. "Flash photography can diminish skin color because of the intensity of white light," says Scrivo. "If you don't have enough warmth in your skin tone, skin can look washed out in photos."
Make Skin Look Flawless
Foundation helps create uniform color on your skin, so light reflects evenly. You should match your foundation to your neck, which tends to be lighter than your face. Otherwise, a flash can exaggerate the difference. Use loose powder to set foundation, but make sure you don't put too much on; it can leave your skin looking dull and dilute the color of your blush. Just before the formal photos, dust only the T-zone area (the forehead and each side of the nose) to reduce shine.
Sweep Color on Cheeks
Blush will make your skin have a healthy glow in photos. Use a blush or bronzer that's close to your natural skin color to create definition. Apply it lightly under your cheekbones and on each side of the nose. Then put a brighter pink or peach blush on the apples of your cheeks to give them a slight flush. Choose sheer formulations so you don't saturate your cheeks with too much color. Go over the whole area with a large, clean, fluffy brush to blend any lines between the two blushes.
Blush in Neutral Shades
1. Shu Uemura Glow On Blush in M Peach (#41), $20
2. Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Nude (#15), $7.99
3. Christian Dior Blush in Rouge Silk, $32.50
4. Fresh Powder Blush in Charm School, $28.
Pink and Peach Blush for Every Skin Tone
5. Shu Uemura in Pink Hibiscus, $25
6. Shu Uemura in Bird of Paradise, $25
7. Benefit face powder in Georgia, $26
8. NARS Blush in Desire, $22.50
9. Bobbi Brown Blush in Pale Pink, $19
10. Bourjois Blusher in Peche Volupte, $13.
Foundation and Powder Create a Perfect Base
11. Bobbi Brown Face Brush, $30
12. T. LeClerc Loose Powder in Translucide, $45
13. Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup, $22.50.
Picture Perfect Makeup