Trompe l'Oeil Ring Pillow
Tools and Materials:
- 2 sheets of white paper (8 1/2 inches by 11 inches)
- Spray-mount adhesive
- Stiff, heavyweight card stock
- Bone folder
- Craft knife or utility knife
- Metal ruler
- 1/16-inch Japanese hole punch and hammer
- 12-inch length of slim ribbon (1/4 inch to 3/8 inch wide)
Trompe l'Oeil Ring Pillow How-To:
- Download our PDF. Print onto one sheet of white paper. Spray back of printout with spray adhesive, and adhere printout to the heavy card stock. Lay the other sheet of white paper over it to protect the image, and rub lightly with the smooth side of the bone folder to secure more firmly.
- Use the craft or utility knife and the metal ruler to cut between the crop marks (do not cut all the way to the edges of the paper; this will leave the crop marks intact for subsequent cuts).
- Use the Japanese hole punch and hammer to make two holes on either side of the center of the image, about 3/4 inch apart. Thread one end of the ribbon down through one hole and up through the other. Center the ribbon, and tie a half knot. Trim the ends of the ribbon at an angle. Tie on rings.
why does the pdf look different than the photo? I want the satin pillow effect as in teh magazine and above, any suggestions or do you have another pdf?