Fabric Save-the-Date How-To
Tools and Supplies
- Ink-jet or laser printer
- Adhesive laminating machine, or sticker maker, such as Xyron
- Save-the-date cards (from Print Icon, printicon.com; or design your own)
1. Download our PDF file, and open it using Adobe Acrobat Reader (if you are using a Mac, use Reader instead of Apple's Preview application). Most browsers already include this program, but if you have trouble downloading the file or would like to upgrade Acrobat Reader, you can obtain the latest version of the software for free from Adobe's website.
2. Print it onto ordinary paper. (Note that the ampersand is backwards; this is intentional; if you use this technique to create your own stick-on letter or symbol, be sure to print it as a mirror image as well.)
3. Run the paper through the adhesive laminating machine to apply sticker coating to the back of the paper. Adhere the paper to the wrong side of fabric, and cut out ampersands.
4. Carefully peel paper away from fabric ampersand so that the sticker coating remains on fabric. Apply fabric ampersands to save-the-date cards.