Mini Turkey Clubs
Postage-stamp-sized club sandwiches contain all the elements of this staple scaled to size; very thin layers of bacon, avocado, cheese, turkey and roasted red pepper.
- Yield: Makes 50
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer 2003
- 1 1-pound loaf very thinly sliced dense sandwich bread
- 1/2 pound sliced applewood-smoked bacon
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 8 red bell peppers
- 12 ounces smoked turkey breast, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 ounces St. Andre cheese, room temperature
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Trim crusts from bread; cut each slice into 4 triangles. Toast in oven until golden.
Lay bacon in single layer on rimmed baking sheet; lay another baking sheet on top. Bake until golden brown but pliable, about 20 minutes; do not overbake. Drain on paper towels; cut to fit on bread.
Thinly slice avocados. Cut sides from peppers; slice off ribs. Cut avocados, peppers, and turkey to fit on bread.
For each sandwich, spread 1/2 teaspoon cheese on the inner side of the top and bottom slices of bread, and assemble.