Tuna Tartare on Radish Slices
Let this delicious tartare be part of your antipasto plate at the wedding buffet.
- Yield: Makes about 3 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Winter/Spring
- 1 pound yellowfin tuna
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large radishes, or 1 daikon radish, washed
Cut tuna into 1/4-inch dice, and roughly chop until tuna holds together.
In a medium bowl, combine tuna, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until serving, up to 1 hour.
When ready to serve, slice radishes with a mandoline. Using a 1-inch cookie cutter as a mold, press 1 heaping teaspoon of tartare mixture onto a radish disk, forming a cylinder. Garnish each with 2-inch pieces of chives. Repeat with remaining tartare and radishes.