Shiny Dark-Chocolate Glaze
Use this recipe for our Individual Chocolate-Espresso Charlottes.
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/4 cups
Photography: Anita Calero
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Fall 2007
- 6 ounces good-quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Bring chocolate, sugar, coffee, corn syrup, and salt to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to melt chocolate. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter. Let cool, stirring occasionally, until barely warm but still pourable, about 20 minutes. Use immediately.