Baby Greek Salad
When filled with sample-size portions of food, kitschy disposable cups and the salad inside seem so cool.
- Yield: Makes 12 three-ounce servings
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Fall 2009
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved if large
- 2 baby cucumbers, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, some halved, some quartered
- 1 1/2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
Whisk together mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss vegetables and olives in a medium bowl, and toss with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Divide salad among 12 three-ounce paper nut cups, top each with some feta, and serve immediately.