Lemon Chevre Rounds with Poppy Seeds
This cheesy rice cracker appetizer is a gluten-free friendly hors d'oeuvre for your guests.
- Yield: Makes 20
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings
- 7 ounces (about 3/4 cup) soft goat cheese
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 20 small rice crackers (each about 1 3/4 inches in diameter)
- 10 large oil-cured black olives, pitted and halved lengthwise
Stir together goat cheese, ricotta, lemon zest, cream, and salt in a medium bowl. Shape into a log that is 2 inches in diameter; wrap in parchment. Chill in freezer until very firm, about 20 minutes.
Unwrap log. Roll in poppy seeds to coat. Wrap in parchment; chill in freezer until very firm, about 20 minutes.
Using unwaxed dental floss, cut log into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. If log begins to soften, return to freezer until firm, then continue slicing. Place each round on a cracker, and top with an olive half. Serve slightly chilled.