Tamarind Chili Sauce
Tangy and spicy, this Southeast Asian-inspired sauce pairs well with grilled squid.
- Yield: Makes about 1/4 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings
- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground chili sauce, such as sambal oelek
- 2 teaspoons water, plus more as needed
Combine ingredients in a small bowl; whisk until smooth. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days. To serve, thin with a little more water, if needed.