Bocconcini, Cherry Tomato, and Basil Salad
This miniaturized version of a traditional Caprese salad is easily made ahead and spooned in to leak-proof canning jars for an easily transported picnic-friendly side.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer 2006
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces bocconcini, or fresh mozzarella cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces small cherry tomatoes (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 bunch fresh basil (about 30 leaves), thinly sliced
Put oil into a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add bocconcini, tomatoes, and basil; toss gently. Divide among 6 jars or serving dishes. If not serving within 3 hours, refrigerate until ready to use, up to 8 hours.