Tropical Cream Cheese Filling
Use this recipe when making our Mango Papaya Cake.
- Yield: Makes about 8 cups batter
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings
- 2 cups mango puree
- 3 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped papayas (about 1 1/2)
- 1 cup chopped mangos (about 1 1/2)
Heat mango puree in a small saucepan until warm. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with gelatin; stir. Let soften 5 minutes.
Put cream cheese, sugar, and cream into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until smooth. Mix in puree mixture. Strain to remove any remaining lumps.
Fold in chopped mango and papaya. Refrigerate in an airtight container overnight.