Smoky Tomato Salsa
Use this recipe to make our Grilled Oaxacan Shrimp appetizers.
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup canned peeled whole tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon reserved reduced balsamic vinegar (from Grilled Oaxacan Shrimp on Corn Cakes)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, for seasoning
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Tightly wrap garlic in aluminum foil; bake until soft, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool. Squeeze garlic from peels; mix with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Transfer 1/3 of mixture to a blender; puree until smooth. Stir into remaining salsa. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve, up to 1 day.