This super-chocolatey treats are perfect for a cookie buffet.
- Yield: Makes about 6 dozen
Photography: Krause, Johansen
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, finely ground in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 sticks (10 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chunks
- 6 ounces milk-chocolate chunks
- 4 ounces white-chocolate chunks
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Mix in egg and yolk. Reduce speed to low; slowly mix in flour mixture until smooth. Mix in all chocolate chunks and the pecans.
Scoop dough into balls using a 1 1/2-inch ice-cream scoop. Space 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
Bake until edges turn golden, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.