Roasted Red-Pepper and Eggplant Dip
Serve this smoky dip with our Crudites in Baguette Cups.
- Yield: Makes 3 cups
Photography: Charles Schiller
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings
- 1 large eggplant, halved lengthwise
- 2 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, ribs and seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted and finely ground in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds, toasted and ground in a spice mill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh, cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Brush eggplant, peppers, and garlic with oil; place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook until eggplant softens and peppers begin to blister, 30 to 35 minutes.
Transfer eggplant, cut side down, to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Cook until eggplant softens and peppers begin to blister, 30 to 35 minutes.
Pulse eggplant, bell peppers, and garlic in a food processor. Add red-pepper flakes, pine nuts, cumin, cilantro, parsley, and lemon juice. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.