Pineapple Coconut Mai Tai
There's no rule that says warm-weather cocktails must be served with tiny umbrellas. We updated this tiki-bar fave of rum, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and coconut water with an unexpected garnish, a round of dried pineapple.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 cocktail and 3/4 cup fresh pineapple elixir
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings Special Issues
- 3 ounces pineapple juice, preferably fresh
- 3 ounces raw coconut water
- 1/2 teaspoon orgeat syrup
- 1/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce white rum
- Crushed ice
- 1 ounce dark rum
- Dried Pineapple Rounds, for garnish
In a small pitcher, combine pineapple juice, coconut water, orgeat, lemon juice, and white rum.
Fill a wide-rimmed wine glass three-quarters with crushed ice. Pour pineapple mixture over ice; pour dark rum over the back of a spoon into glass, creating a darker layer on top. Garnish with dried pineapple round; serve immediately.