- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 4 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 6 1/2 cups Martha's Pink Applesauce
- 1 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Stir together all ingredients in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake, stirring every 30 minutes, until dark golden brown and reduced to 4 cups, about 1 hour, 50 minutes. Let cool completely before using. Apple butter can be stored in refrigerator up to 2 weeks, or in freezer up to 3 months.