- Origami paper, or any square piece of paper
- Glue dots
- Fold paper in half diagonally; fold diagonally again. Fold the resulting shape in half.
- Keeping the folded edge on the right, cut the top point of the triangle to form a petal shape; unfold.
- Cut a 1⁄2-inch slit between every other petal. Fold each section into the center, then unfold.
- Adhere liner (if using). Overlap the slit petals and affix with glue dots.
Note: To make a metallic liner like the one shown in the top photo, repeat the steps using a slightly smaller piece of paper.
11-by-17-inch matte paper in Raspberry, $13 for 50 sheets; paperpresentation.com.