You don't have to be a master seamstress to construct this swanky ring pillow.
1 yard of menswear fabric, a silk weave works best
A handful of batting
Cord that matches the fabric
- Download our "Bow Tie Ring Pillow" template and print two copies. Cut out the shapes along the lines with scissors.
- Lay the templates on the back side of the fabric. Trace with a white pencil, and cut out the shapes with scissors.
- Pair up each up shapes front sides facing inward, and pin along the edges.
- For each shape, hand sew along the edges, leaving 2 inches open in the narrowest part of each bow shape. For the band, leave one of the shorter ends opens.
- Turn each bow and the band inside out.
- Stuff the bows loosely with batting.
- Stitch the bows closed, and stich the band closed, too.
- Stack the bows on top of each other, the smaller one on top.
- Wrap the band snugly around the center of the two bows. Trim it to fit and stich to the bottom of the connected bows.
- Turn the bow over so it’s facing right side up, and loop a matching cord under through the band and use that cord attach the rings to the pillow.