Yellow Gazpacho Shooters
A rainbow of mini gazpachos display the color range of tomatoes -- green, yellow, orange, and red. They also look spectacular served in shot glasses, lined up by shade, and topped with cherry tomato-speared toothpicks.
- Yield: Makes twelve 2-ounce servings
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- 5 cups yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 habanero pepper, seeded
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes, for garnish
Puree all of the ingredients except cherry tomatoes in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Strain soup through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Spoon soup into shot glasses and garnish each with a skewered cherry tomato.