Green Gazpacho Shooters
A rainbow of mini gazpachos display the color range of tomatoes -- green, yellow, orange, and red. They also look spectacular served in shot glasses, lined up by shade, and topped with cherry tomato-speared toothpicks.
- Yield: Makes twelve 2-ounce servings
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- 2 cups green zebra tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomatillos, washed and diced
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, unpeeled and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, with seeds
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 green cherry tomatoes, for garnish
Puree all of the ingredients except cherry tomatoes in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Strain soup through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Spoon soup into shot glasses and garnish each with a skewered cherry tomato.