These oversize tissue-paper flowers bring a burst of color to any place setting and make excellent favors.
Tools and Materials
8 1/2-by-11-inch card stock
Tissue paper in various colors
Yellow crepe paper
26-gauge white floral wire
1 1/2-by-2-inch plastic cylindrical favor boxes
- Open our PDF file, print onto card stock, and cut.
- Fold two sheets of tissue into quarters and line up the template at the corner where the folded sides meet. Trace the shape and cut out.
- Unfold and layer the tissue, rotating one sheet so that the edges don't line up.
- To make the flower's stamen, cut four 1/2-by-5-inch strips of crepe paper, fold all in half, bend a 2-inch piece of floral wire in half, and hook it onto the folded crepe paper. Trim the paper ends to a point.
- Cut an 8-inch piece of ribbon and trim the edges to a leaflike point. Place a candy-filled box in the center of the tissue paper and gather the paper on top. Tie the ribbon around the paper to create petals and stick the stamen, wire down, into the center of the flower's folds.