Slender tulips tell guests exactly where to plant themselves.
Martha Stewart Weddings, Spring 2012
Tools and Materials
Hana no Iro origami paper (kiteya.com)
Save-on-Crafts six-gauge covered floral stem wire (save-on-crafts.com)
Green craft paper
Origami Flower Place Cards How-To
- Fold origami paper in quarters, trimming the two outer edges into a petal shape.
- Unfold, and press opposite folds together.
- To give the flowers a pinched look, secure the inner creases with a sliver of double-sided tape.
- Cut a 6-inch piece of floral wire, and use one end to poke a hole in the center of the origami paper. Coil the top of the wire, and slip the bottom through the hole to create the stem.
- Cut out a leaf shape (at least 1 1/2 inches long) using green paper. Write a guest's name on each leaf, and secure to the wire with a piece of double-sided tape.