Citrus and Thai-Chile Sparkler
This bubbly drink gets its zing from a Thai chile.
- Yield: Makes 16
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, November 2016
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Thai chile, diced
- 1 fresh pineapple (about 32 ounces)
- 2 oranges, peeled, white pith remaining
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled, white pith remaining
- 2 limes, peeled, white pith remaining
- 1 ounce yuzu juice, fresh or frozen
- 3 bottles (750 ml) Champagne
Bring 2 tablespoons water, sugar, and chile to a simmer in a small saucepan; strain. Discard chile.
In a juicer, juice pineapple, oranges, grapefruit, and lime; strain. Add yuzu juice and chile-sugar syrup.
To serve, place 2 ounces citrus-chile mixture in each Champagne flute, and top with Champagne (about 5 ounces).